Blog Background

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Botanical Gardens



On Saturday, we went to the Botanical Gardens in the Bronx with our friends and former neighbors, the Russell's. Their son and my friend, Connor, turns one this month. The conservatory was really cool. We are not that into plants (especially since my mommy has NO green thumb and finally succeeded in killing her mother's day flower- see post in May), but the grounds were beautiful. Daddy was only in two pictures today since he was the photographer and in ONLY these two pictures there was this little orb with a cross inside??? Was it his guardian angel?
Check out my buddy's cool hair- it matches his shirt! AND we have the same stroller.

Enough with all this plant stuff, let's play in the water!!!
There was a momma duck and 5 or 6 baby ducks swimming in the lilly pad pond. I wanted to jump in and swim with them, but my mom and dad wouldn't let me.

"So Connor, how's life treatin' ya up in Connecticut? Hey, since you and your momma and daddy are such huge Jets fans, what do you think about the Jets recruiting Brett Favre?"

Check our the deer family crossing the road on our way home. The deer are EVERYwhere, especially at dusk. They are so cute and I never get used to seeing them just out and about in the neighborhood. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like the boys had fun. It's so weird to see pictures of Luke walking around. I'm so used to seeing him sitting or laying. He's so cute! (I know I say that every time I post a comment, but I can't help it!)