Blog Background

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Fantastic Fourth!!!


On Monday, my "baby" turned FOUR!!! Where has the time gone? Sometimes when I go to check on him after he's gone to sleep, I just sit and stare at this growing boy and want to freeze time! But, I digress....back to Monday...


He chose a Diego theme and we went with it.... Since the park is one of his favorite places to be, we decided to do another low key birthday party. However, this was the first year that we actually invited friends, like friends from school. All others have been family birthdays (aside from his two year party a few weeks before we left NY, where we invited a lot of our friends who had become our family away from home, so like I said family birthdays! And, yes, Annie, this clarification is for you since you are probably the only "family" from NY who read my blog) but, again, I digress... We ended up having 18 out of the 24 kids we invited!


Can't have a party with kids ranging in age from 2 to 4 with out goldfish!....


And Cup cakes to match!... Luke had to have an orange, make that TWO orange ones!


We could not have asked for a prettier day for a party in the park...it was beautiful! A nice breezy day and more importantly, NO rain!


Another wonderful happenstance was the fact that we virtually had the park ALL to ourselves. With the weather so gorgeous and because this park is normally packed, I was sure today would be no different. But to my surprise it was pretty much empty! There were only about 3 maybe 4 other kids there that weren't part of the party. It was awesome!





My Mimi and my "bear bear" who is never far from Luke's side these days!



Even Uncle Kyle and cousin Collin made an appearance!



I was so happy all of my GREATS made it too!





Luke's choice for dinner that night was, big surprise, "Chick A Way!" And would you believe this growing boy can now eat a 12 pack of nuggets in one sitting?! Well, he can!!!



After a long and glorious day, we headed home to open the gifts from his friends! It was such a fun and successful and pretty , low stress for mom,birthday if I do say so myself! Here's to a wonderful 4 years with one of the greatest things in our lives, our precious "baby" boy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, you better not let that big boy hear you call him your baby! Ha! Love him and the little person he is becoming everyday.

anniemetcalfe said...

OMG the chick fil-a pic is probably my favorite of your family EVER!!!! What an awesome park - (but I bet there wasn't a train for the kids to watch:)

christy gale said...

hey Luke happy birthday again, looks like you had a blast! love you bunches.

M.M. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUKE! Wish we were there to celebrate with yall, but I know you had a blast. Glad he loves the nuggets, they're the BEST! Thomas and Kathryn say Happy Birthday, too!
love you :)